Monday, July 28, 2008

1995 Calendar June


People waiting in line at an amusement park.
At the time, Walt Disney World only had the Magic Kingdom,
EPCOT, and Disney MGM Studios, so that's what's represented here.

I think I could have made the line of people a bit tighter.
I was trying to inject humor by having Mickey Mouse
and Daffy Duck (not Donald) in line.
Note the headphones on the first guy - Walkman then, MP3 player now.

June holidays were:

June 3
World's first tattoo is performed
208 BC

June 8
First stolen car reported
1896

June 22
The day disco died
1979

June 23
The day disco should've died
1974

June 26
First movie theater opens
(10 cents per movie)
1896

June 27
First reported sighting of flying saucers (US)
1947

June 29
First TV sold with a remote
1964

--note: I misspelled "tattoo" in the calendar, and I used "dyed" instead of "died" :-(

No comments: